Thursday 11 February 2010

igoogle


Before beginning the "23 things" project, I was aware of what start pages were and had seen friends and family using igoogle in particular. I knew you could customise your page to look how you wanted it and add gadgets to help you keep up to date with things like the news and weather but I had never seriously used start pages myself.


In week one I set up my igoogle account and began to customise my page by changing the theme - the poppies are very pretty! :)


Then I set about selecting particular tools. First I added practical gadgets; 'date and time', a 'to do' list, 'CNN' to keep up with the news and the weather tool in an effort to be prepared come rain or shine. Finally I branched out to recipes and quotes of the day, things I wouldn't go looking for but might raise a smile when I open up my start page.
I can see the benefit of having a variety of useful/interesting tools ready for you when you first start out on the web rather than having to find everything on individual websites. It makes things alot easier and takes less time. I think I'll enjoy using my igoogle start page and will continue to explore what other tools are available.


No comments:

Post a Comment