Sunday 7 March 2010

Setting up my Flickr account

I'm running a bit behind with my 23 things but this week I set up an account with Flickr!
I haven't used Flickr before but have a couple of friends that use it quite a lot so I'm interested to see what you can do with it!
The photos I've uploaded are ones I took of Oxford in the snow. The one in this screen shot was taken from Magdalen Bridge and I'm quite pleased with it!
I've added three photos so far and have put them onto the Oxford 23 Things Group page so you should be able to see them there too!
I was quite impressed by how quickly I was able to upload my photos and put them onto the group page. I've used other photo sharing sites before and have tended to get fed up with the length of time it can take to upload and organise photos. This seemed quite straightforward which was nice.
I like the idea of being able to share my photos with family and friends especially as my photos are all digital and my family and friends are spread all over the country. However, I have a feeling that Flickr could end up being just another thing to keep up to date and I've not quite given up on the idea of having proper printed photos you can flick through!
This could be quite useful in libraries. It could be a nice visual way of identifying particular libraries or advertising past and future events and projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment